Frequently Asked Questions: This page contains answers to common questions of students and parents.
- Who do I make my checks payable to? CHS Band Boosters
- Where do I send my checks? CHS Band Boosters, PO Box 6373, Christiansburg, VA 24068
- Who do I contact if I would like to get a Kroger card? Merissa Sachs at
- When do I have to send in the final payment for band camp? July 1
- When will I get information on band camp? At the mandatory band camp meeting, usually held in late July.
- Why are the times for the band competition not posted until so close to the day of the competition? Mr. Miller doesn't receive the times until just before the competition and as soon as he receives the times, he posts it on his webpage.
Here are a few questions from Mr. Miller's site:
- Is it okay to miss band rehearsal?
- What do I need to have at EVERY marching band rehearsal?
- Where can I get an instrument if I do not own one?
- How should I repair my instrument?
- May I miss a football game or band competition?
- Who do I go to for help on my music and/or marching?
- How long do I have to memorize my music for marching band?
- How do I memorize music?
- What is the audition process for Symphonic Band?
- I can't fit band in my schedule. What should I do?
- How can I become a part of the leadership team for band?
- What is concert attire for Concert Band, Symphonic Band, and Percussion?
- What are the dates of band camp?
- How do I get my instrument repaired?